COVID-19 Update from Yodel – 18th March 2020
Considering the rapidly developing situation with Coronavirus, we would like to update you all on the current preparations and decisions we are making here at Yodel.
Yodel is working closely with other parcel delivery companies to ensure that a common and consistent process is introduced. Until advised otherwise the following processes will be put in place to adhere to government guidelines for maintaining social distancing:
- For all parcels which do not require a POD and can be left in a safe place, the current safe place policy will be adhered to. Throughout this interim process drivers and couriers are not required to knock on the customers door if the carding process has been followed.
- If no safe place is available or a POD is required, our drivers and couriers will place the parcel on the customers doorstep, ring or knock on the customers door and then where safe to do so, retreat 2 meters away from the door. Where the customer answers the door, they will explain that they are making a delivery and ask the customer for confirmation of their surname. We have created a new dropdown option “Unable to sign Covid-19” - this will be selected and then the driver or courier will enter the customers surname.
- If the customer does not answer the door, we will attempt to deliver to a neighbour, we will follow the standard neighbour delivery process, asking for the house number and the recipient’s surname - the surname will then be entered into the device and signed “Covid-19”. We are looking at a longer-term solution for delivery to neighbours and will update on this as soon as this has been developed.
- If the customer no longer wants to accept their goods, we will then follow the standard refused process by returning the parcel to the SVC.
- All drivers and couriers have been briefed that under no circumstances should any parcel be left on a doorstep or in public view.
- We have also reiterated that a calling card must be used for all safe place and neighbour deliveries so that your customers are kept fully informed.
All our sorts and service centres remain open and we are processing parcels as normal with the above precautionary steps now in place